Thursday, August 6, 2009

L-O-V-E


There is officially 9 months 2 weeks and 1 day until the big wedding day. I decided to start keeping a blog of feelings/stressful situations and just plain documentation of how our engagement is slowly ending and our lives as husband and wife will soon begin. Maybe one day I will look back on this and laugh J It is funny to think about how much I have grown up since I got engaged, everything from the way I think about life and my future plans to the relationship with my family on a daily basis. Everything includes Eric and what is best for us, not just me anymore. I find myself being more ‘motherly’, but not in the same sense of my mom being motherly, but more or less making sure laundry is done, the dishes are in the dishwasher and the pets are fed. I’m becoming an actual adult. When did that happen? It’s scary yet exciting to be starting a new chapter in my life with someone I love. When Eric and I were dating I rarely felt the butterflies in my stomach, but the feeling was more comfortable and easy-going then head over heels in love. The closer and closer it’s getting to the wedding the more we are communicating and working through tough issues I sense that this is helping our relationship tremendously. I’m beginning to get those exciting butterflies in my stomach, can’t wait until the next time I see him kind of feeling. I don’t know where it came from or when it started but it is the most amazing sensation I have ever felt in my life. In my heart I truly believe he is the one for me. He is so motivated and caring, I only wish I had ½ the drive he does, and he will be graduating next spring with his MBA. I wish he knew how proud I was of him; this is an amazing accomplishment I want to tell him that over and over again. What’s so important to me is that he not only believes in himself, he also believes in me…that I can accomplish anything if I want to and he’ll back me up 100%. Its re-assuring to have someone I can count on by my side. We are starting to explore our options for moving after we get married, Eric wants to be able to transfer with his current job and ideally I will too; however we want to have children right away (scary!) so I guess time will tell? All I know is that I am the luckiest woman in the world :-)